New World Notes - U.S. vs. Syria: What the Heck is Going On?
This week on New World Notes: radio program #289, September 17, 2013, from 12:00 to 12:30 p.m., host Kenneth Dowst looks at the hysteria about chemical-weapons use in Syria.
President Obama's rationale for bombing Syria is so preposterous, so illegal--and so unpersuasive to the American public--that one has to ask, What is this war-mongering really about?
The show features some provocative answers to that question by commentators Bruce Dixon and Eric Margolis, law professor Marjorie Cohn, singer Pete Seeger, and yours, truly. One thing all agree on: chemical weapons are not the real reason.
Marjorie Cohn audio excerpted from an interview on The Michael Slate Show. The complete show is available here: http://www.radio4all.net/index.php/program/70870. Thanks to Michael Slate.
New World Notes is produced under the auspices (Latin for "radar") of WWUH-FM, a community service of the University of Hartford.
You can listen to any installment of New World Notes online or else download it (as an mp3 audio file) for later listening. The show is archived at both A-Infos Radio Project and (from #90 onwards) the Internet Archive. Either link should get you a reverse-chronological listing of available installments. Or browse the show's Web site: Each installment has a page; each page has links to the recorded audio; and a handy table of contents will quickly find the installment you want.
Series overview: Political and social commentary in a variety of genres. Exploring the gap between what we want--and what they're trying to make us settle for.
Catch New World Notes (all times Eastern):
- Tuesdays, Noon to 12:30 PM, WWUH FM 91.3 (West Hartford, CT)
- Tuesdays, Noon to 12:30 PM, WAPJ FM 89.9 and 105.1 (Torrington, CT)
- Fridays, 6:00 to 6:30 PM, WHUS FM 91.7 (Storrs, CT) & http://www.whus.org/
- Saturdays, 1:00-1:30 PM, KRFP FM 92.5, Radio Free Moscow (Moscow, ID)
Any time: Listen to or download any installment. Just go to New World Notes and click a link to the audio at the top of the page. (Every installment has a page on the Web site, and every page has links to the audio.)
Recent shows include:
- #287 - Obey and Keep Calm, Part 1
- #286 - The Costs of Empire, Part 2
- #285 - The Costs of Empire, Part 1
- #284 - Surveillance Then and Now
- #283 - Dog Day Afternoon at the Movies
- #282 - More Things Fall Apart